WE’RE HIRING – On Trade Business Development Executive (London)
ON TRADE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
Budweiser Budvar is no ordinary brewery. We’re one of the few breweries in the world to be owned by a nation, not a corporation. There are over 400 breweries in what we like to call the ‘Republic of Beer’, but ours is the only one that is owned by the Czech people.
These are exciting times to be joining Budweiser Budvar. We are currently experiencing record sales growth partly driven by a global brand refresh which focuses on our national ownership, quality of ingredients, and our one brewery in Budweis, Czech Republic, providing an exciting pathway to growth bolstered by exceptionally beautiful glassware and other key branded assets.
We’re a small team who passionately care about the brand and maintaining exceptionally high standards at all touch points of the business – whether that’s working with consumers, customers, our suppliers and each other. Our company is built is built on excellence, from the quality of our beer, to the quality of our people. We’re looking for someone to integrate into our high-performance culture to help grow the business and facilitate the next exciting chapter of Budweiser Budvar UK
- Sell, promote and present all company products to new and existing clients.
- Ensure that effective personal contact is maintained with all relevant customers in such a way as to maintain our reputation as a world-class supplier.
- Behave as an exemplary brand ambassador for Budvar & Czech Beer
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Gain insight and report on competitor activity
- Represent the company at trade shows, activations and other events.
- Build and maintain strong customer and route to market relationships.
- Build peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Right to work in the UK is essential.
- We are looking for someone who is hungry, ambitious, target orientated and with an appetite to develop both themselves and the business.
- Equally important is the ability to communicate clearly, be likeable and be able to build relationships.
- An understanding of the UK On Trade structure and route to market is preferable.
- Proven track record of working independently and delivering results; is self-motivated, and able to manage time and workload to optimise effectiveness.
- Evidence of an entrepreneurial ’can do’ attitude; is uncompromising, ambitious, relentless, willing to take risks, learns obsessively and loves to make a difference!
- A motivated self-starter with ability to deliver results with ‘real’ pace & urgency.
- Strong administrative skills and highly organised.
- Strong analytical ability and commercial acumen.
- Effective communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Regular UK travel will be a function of the role.
- Full UK Driving License
- An interest and passion for the hospitality industry is essential.
- Field Based role with majority of time spent calling on On-Trade outlets in London.
- Requirement for attendance on internal meetings and to engage with other functions.
- Working hours are Monday to Friday;
- 3 days per week 09:00 to 17:30
- 2 days per week 12:00 to 20:30
- Will need to be flexible to work additional hours if needed.
- Prepared to travel to customer HQs and outlets nationally and occasionally stay away from home including representing BBUK at trade shows (potentially cross channel).
- Occasional foreign travel may be required.
- Salary range £30 – £35k dependent on experience.
- 25 days annual holiday.
- 5% of fixed salary pension contribution.
- Annual bonus of up to one month of salary on achievement of company and individual targets.
- Please include both a cover letter and a CV. Without both of these, your application will be considered incomplete.
- In the cover letter, please indicate your salary expectation and earliest possible start date.
- In your cover letter, please include your greatest achievement to date.
- If we invite you for an interview, we will cover expenses of travel (initial interviews likely to be held via Teams).
- Applications close on Friday 9th February, 2024.
- Please send all applications in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org