UK ON TRADE ACCOUNT MANAGER
Budweiser Budvar is no ordinary brewery. We’re one of the few breweries in the world to be owned by a nation, not a corporation. There are over 400 breweries in what we like to call the ‘Republic of Beer’, but ours is the only one that is owned by the Czech people.
These are exciting times to be joining Budweiser Budvar. We’re currently undertaking a global brand refresh which focuses on our national ownership, quality of ingredients, and our one brewery in Budweis, Czech Republic, providing an exciting pathway to growth bolstered by exceptionally beautiful glassware and other key branded assets.
We’re a small team who passionately care about the brand and maintaining exceptionally high standards at all touch points of the business – whether that’s working with consumers, customers, our suppliers and each other. Our company is built is built on excellence, from the quality of our beer, to the quality of our people. We’re looking for someone to integrate into our high-performance culture to help grow the business and facilitate the next exciting chapter of Budweiser Budvar UK.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
– To develop and deliver annual and long-term business plans for the business with our On Trade customers the North East of England and Scotland.
– To impact the community in a positive manner.
– To market brands, products, and people responsibly and sustainably.
– To maintain our customer reputation as a supplier who is ‘easy to do business with’.
– Deliver enhanced returns for the brand and delivering our vision to the On Trade.
– Develop and execute customer-specific account plans aligned to the On-Trade channel objectives.
– Ensure that effective personal contact is maintained with all relevant customer contacts in such a way as to maintain our reputation as world-class supplier.
– Behave as an exemplary brand ambassador for Budvar & Czech Beer
– Achievement of targeted volume & gross margin.
– Delivery of market share and channel distribution targets.
– Maximise all category opportunities for the benefit of both Budvar and relevant customers.
– Provide channel and customer forecasts ensuring that accurate forecasts are completed on a timely basis.
– Ensures that credit control policies are strictly adhered to.
– Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer requirements and satisfaction by engaging key customer accounts.
– Build and maintain strong customer relationships.
– Build peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– Minimum 2 years account management and P&L responsibility in relevant channel/sector.
– Evidence of building effective relationships at all levels across multiple customers and executing customer business and activation plans.
– Proven track record of working independently and delivering results; is self-motivated, and able to manage time and workload to optimise effectiveness.
– Evidence of an entrepreneurial ’can do’ attitude; is uncompromising, ambitious, relentless, willing to take risks, learns obsessively and loves to make a difference!
– A motivated self-starter with ability to deliver results with ‘real’ pace & urgency.
– Solid understanding of the UK On-Trade market and Beer category marketplace.
– Strong administrative skills and highly organised.
– Strong analytical ability and commercial acumen.
– Effective communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
– Regular UK travel will be a function of the role.
WORK CONTEXT AND BENEFITS
– Field-based role with a mixture of working from home, visiting customer head offices and outlets, days in trade on patch and working from our Bristol office for internal meetings and engage to with other functions.
– Working hours are 09:00 to 17:30 Monday to Friday but will need to be flexible to work additional hours if needed.
– Prepared to travel to customer HQs and outlets nationally and occasionally stay away from home including representing BBUK at trade shows (potentially cross channel).
– Occasional foreign travel may be required.
– Salary range £30-35k dependent on experience.
– Company Car Allowance £4,800 pa plus mileage rate of 15p/mile.
– 25 days annual holiday.
– 8.5% of fixed salary pension contribution.
– Annual bonus of up to one month of salary on achievement of company and individual targets.
– Please include both a cover letter and a CV. Without both of these, your application will be considered incomplete.
– In your cover letter, please include your greatest achievement to date.
– If we invite you for an interview, we will cover expenses of travel (initial interviews likely to be held via Teams).
– Please send all applications in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on 18th February
– In the cover letter, please indicate your salary expectation and earliest possible start date.